Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm Here...

Just barely hanging on. Things are very hectic and busy here (was that redundant?)

Anyway, the main reason I'm so busy is that I have multiple offspring. Add to that the fact that the youngest of my offspring now crawls and cruises freely around the house (and sometimes out the door!) eating everything he can pick up and stuff into his mouth before I scream "KENNY, NOOOOOOO", you can imagine just how busy I am. Today I found cockle burrs in his poop!

I once had a reader comment that she thought I was the perfect mom and that I always seemed to have my act together. I told her my bad moments seldom make my blog. Come to think of it, maybe I should bare my human soul a little for the benefit of young mothers everywhere. I'm not perfect, M. I'm far from it! Today I had the thought that if I had to change one more diaper, I'd spontaneously combust. That was right after I almost fell asleep while sitting on the toilet. I would have had myself a nice nap if not for Nate yelling, "Mommy, when are you coming out? You've been in there for 6 years!" He's the sarcastic exaggerator in the family.

Then there was the time I went to church and came home to find that my shirt was on inside out.

We had a pastors' meeting at our house the other night and after everyone left I took my hair clip out and tried to run my fingers through my hair but there was one of Abi's bright blue hair clips in it right behind my right ear. What happened was, earlier that day I found it on the floor and thought I should pick it up before Kenny inhaled it. My hands were full so I clipped it in my hair and, well, forgot it there. Oops.

Back to being busy; We've got a women's conference coming up on the 19th, 20th and 21st of this month. That's less than a week away and my stress levels are rising. Mongolians are kings when it comes to procrastination so getting anything done is a bit of a pain. As far as the conference itself is concerned, I can't wait to see what God will do. I'm also soooo looking forward to some female company (7 women coming from the US and one from England) not to mention the fabulous conversations we will be having in English! I hear rumored that they are bringing me some Reces Pieces so I'm really excited about that. =)

Well, it's back to work for me. I'll post again when I come up for air...

No comments: