Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nate


Soaking in a tub full of bubbles:

"Aaaaah, this is so relaxing... Abi! Come in here and sing me a lullaby!"

Abi passes by the bathroom door, dragging bobby (her blankie) and sucking her thumb and gives him a look that says, "in your dreams", then walks away.

"AAAAAABIIIIII, come and sing for me NOW!"

"NO Naynay"

"Abi, if you don't sing me a lullaby right now I'm gonna beat you up!"

-----------------------------------------------

The other day, I was getting the kids their lunch while they sat at the table, discussing whether they thought our next baby was going to be a boy or a girl (and I'm not even pregnant but not a day goes by when they don't ask). Abi said that she'd like a girl to which, Nate emphatically replied that he'd rather have another brother.

I asked Nate what he would do if God gave us a girl. He said God wouldn't because he'd pray for a boy. I asked again, what he would do if God still gave us a girl and he said, "Then we'd know it was the devil's work!"

6 comments:

Twila G. said...

Nate is just adorable. Very funny post. I needed a good laugh today!!

~ Amanda ~ said...

can i just quit my life in ub and come move into your house and be entertained by your kids all the time?

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over how much Nate and Man look alike! I love y'all. L

Gombojav Tribe said...

Ha! Sassy little kid!

(Are you scared of him getting even MORE clever as he grows up?! LOL!)

Mrs. and Mama Knifton said...

Hilarious kids!

EllaJac said...

Oh my! I love kids' comments, sometimes. My middle daughter (3) admitted the other day that her misbehavior was due to her "trying to be like Lucifer"! (not the devil one, thankfully!)