Friday, August 08, 2008

My Sweetheart

Two thoughts occurred to me today:

  1. aloe juice is delicious and...
  2. my husband gets way too little blog time
About the aloe juice, it is now officially my favorite beverage. Since I'm cutting back on caffeine, it has replaced coffee as my preferred drink. It's so yummy with all that pulp floating around...mmmmm

Ok, about Hetee not getting much blog space, I don't know why that is. He's totally blog worthy, I just don't seem to write about him very much compared to the kids. I thought about why that is and, I think it's because he's just so sugary sweet that it's hard to pick one thing to write about.

I don't know if any of you other grown women out there are afraid of needles, but I am. I was thinking the other day that in the nearly 7 years we've been married, Hetee has always held my hand when I had to get a shot or give blood for tests etc. His hand has always been there for me to squeeze the living daylights out of and, he never complains.

Through the births of 3 children his hand was the grounding factor that kept me focused. If I let go of his hand, even between contractions I felt like I might lose touch with reality and pass out. (So much for the relaxation techniques!)

Anytime I have to face something in life that I don't think I can go alone (there are many of "needles" along life's path), I fish for and always find my Love's hand. Ready. No matter how silly or childish it may seem, he never rolls his eyes or acts in a way that makes me feel like I need to grow up.



And that's just one reason I'm crazy about this guy.

2 comments:

stacy said...

seriously... aloe vera juice!?!?! you're not joking? i remember trying it in the past at one time, some atempt at health food medicine... mostly it stayed in the back of the fridge untill i finally thought "this can't possibly be any good any more" :)
maybe that is because i was drinking it processed and old, stored... so i'm very interested in this... where do you get it, how did you hear about it in hte first place... and are your kids drinking it too?

about husbands, i agree with you sweet husbands are the best thing in the world!!!
-stacy kangar

Melanie said...

Hi Stacy,

I don't know what you had but this stuff is YUMMY! It's from Korea, it's slightly sweet with pulp. It's kind of cloudy looking. In fact, I used to not be able to drink it because it reminded me of amniotic fluid. OK, too much info... =)

Nice to hear from you!
Mel