Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thank You, And A Funny Story

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all of you who have been commenting on my "Frugal "Friday" posts. I am really happy that you have found my tips helpful. =)

Now on the the funny story.

I think you've noticed the poll at the upper right side of my blog. Being a mixed couple, we get to hear opinions about who our children look like-- me or Hetee, Mongolian or American, like their American grandparents or their Mongolian grandparents. It's always fun and interesting to hear what people will say. One thing is for sure, bi-racial kids are the cutest!!!

The other day the kids and I met some American Peace Corps volunteers outside of the Darkhan Hotel (our church rents offices there). As we were talking, some Mongolian people were going in and out of the building. I overheard one Mongolian woman say to another, "So mane of these Americans look Asian nowadays". She said this while motioning to me. She obviously assumed I was one of the new Peace Corps people and had no idea that I understood her.

I just had to chuckle. Maybe I need a new poll with my picture. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie! You are metamorphic! LOL

Anonymous said...

You guys look nice.
I live in USA, from Darkhan.
Miss it so badly.
Wish you best.