Monday, August 24, 2009

...And now we continue with our regular programing

The blog break, unintentional as it was, is now over, I'm happy to say. I feel good, as I get back to writing about the happenings in Mongolia and the happy little goings on in our household. I still don't know if I will be able to blog as much as I would like to but, I've decided that blogging is something that I want to work into the upper part of my list of priorities. If my little break has taught me anything it's that I need to make time for reflective writing. Not that I'm great at it, but it helps me to process things when I can't (or don't feel like) talk to someone about it face to face.

The summer has been busy mostly because I have been teaching English. For the last 8 weeks I've been teaching an English TOEFL preparation course for extra cash. It has gone well and tomorrow is my last day. The kids and I are excited to be able to have more time together. I only teach 2 hours and 15 minutes a day but it feels so long when I'm away from home. I never imagined that I would be a working mom but am learning that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get through. God has been my rock and Hetee has been wonderful. We also have a wonderful girl who helps us with the kids and housework. She's my angel. =)

We are preparing to start homeschooling on September 1st in accordance with the Mongolian school year. This is something that I have really been struggling over. I have days when my confidence soars then I have days when I just feel so overwhelmed. And we haven't even started yet! I haven't purchased any curriculum since we have inherited so many schooling books from other foreigners who have left the field. Needless to say this has left me with a lot of work upfront, to sort and plan lessons for our first and second grader. Then, there's Kenny. Anybody know what to do with a curious 3-year-old while the others are doing school? I have some activity books and computer games to keep him busy for maybe an hour but beyond that, we'll just have to see.

We are planning to move our family into an apartment (we live in a small house with a yard now) over the winter. This will save some money and hopefully allow us to buy a car before the baby arrives in November. Please pray for us to find an affordable apartment and for the move.

Thanks for tuning in! More to come...

1 comment:

Cheri said...

You'll do fine with home schooling, despite what you may think.

Have you ever read Mary at Owlhaven's blog? She home school's her 10 (2 are out of the house now). She has some terrific recomendations for keeping little ones occupied during home school.

http://www.owlhaven.net/