Sunday, September 17, 2006

Well, I got my cake! At around 7 pm yesterday, Hetee, the kids and I were lounging around in the living room watching Veggie Tales when a few of my g12 ladies knocked on the door. They came bearing cake and a huge bottle of black raspberry and vanilla bubble bath that I haven't had a chance to try out yet. As always, I forgot to take pictures but here's me after everyone went home =)

Earlier yesterday Hetee took me to eat out at the Texas Pub, the only decent place in town. But halfway through my grape Fanta I realized that I had no urge whatsoever to eat there. So Hetee suggested that we go and buy the ingredients to make a nice supper ourselves at home. We decided on chicken spaghetti and got to work after everyone left and the kids were in bed. It didn't take too long, thanks to my new pressure cooker (a birthday gift along with a rug, and a cool blender-from our pastor friends who were here visiting last week). We ate right at midnight and considering we had to make everything from scratch I'd say we made pretty good time. It was the perfect ending to a great birthday. Hetee washed dishes and cleaned up even though he had to preach 2 times the next morning. That was a gift in itself.

Oh yeah, my hubby gave me chocolates (2 boxes!) and 3 beautiful, red roses to represent Nate, Abi and Kenny.

This birthday finds me very satisfied with my life and at peace with where God has me. My family brings me absolute joy and serving God has been so rewarding, especially in the weeks leading up to my birthday. For some reason, for as long as I can remember I've always wanted to be 25. It's like I was anticipating how good it would be somehow. Now it's here and I've decided to make every day of this year count.

Thank you all for your prayers, birthday wishes and cards. I pray God uses me to bless each of you all throughout this year and in the years to come!

No comments: