Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sugar and Spice

Nate's back to his old self now. Thanks for praying!

Day before yesterday Abi and I spent the day at my mom's sewing. Mom and I made Abi a cute little dress. It's sleveless, like a jumper, and the top is blue denim and the skirt part of it is white with little pink and red hearts on it. I wish I had a picture...oh well, maybe later. Anyway, Abi loves her new dress and looks absolutely adorable in it.

I love having a little girl to dress up. I remember when she was born that was one of the first things that went through my mind when Hetee said, "It's a girl!" I thought, I'm going to dress her in cute clothes every chance I get!

Having a little girl following in my footsteps has made me more feminine. Whenever I'm feeling down she reminds me, in her sweet little voice, "Mommy, we're girls, huh?" I never thought my sweet little girl would quote Aerosmith but several times a day she has been known to say, "Pink is my favorite color." But when she says the word "color" it sounds like "culluh".

I only wish that, like her, I could pull off wearing a dress or skirt with boots. She can wear a cute dress with leotards or leggings and her clunky winter boots but if I try that I just look like Granny Clampet.

Seeing the world once again through the eyes of a little princess has made me appreciate more than ever the fact that I am a woman. It's comforting to know that I don't have to compete with the boys. But it is true that Abi and I are way cuter than most of them.

It's just really nice to finally have someone to share things like conditioner and lipgloss with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you have abi. i want to see a picture of that new dress. it is funny that i grew up with sisters and it took working with preteen boys at a children's ranch for me to feel super feminine. i think it is because i didn't have to share my lipgloss that i knew i was a girl!