Onto another bit of good news...We're moving! In a week or 2 we will be renting a house with a real yard. We are all so excited and can't wait! I've lived in apartments since coming to Mongolia 9 years ago and am soooo ready to get into a place that's on the ground and has a yard so that the kids can run around outside and we can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!
Here's a list of things I will NOT miss about living in an apartment:
- having to walk up (and down) 5 flights of stairs with 3 kids, Abi's bobby, a backpack, a laptop, and 4 bags of groceries.
- noisy neighbors beating each other up next door and scaring the kids
- stinky smells coming from the 4th floor
- frozen loogies in the entrance in wintertime
- entrance smells
- people knocking on the door asking where number such and such is
Anyway, here is a picture of the house! I'll post pictures of the interior once we move in. We're taking care of some repair work but should be done in a few days.
I'd better sign off for now. I had a little "accident" tonight. I was brushing the kids' teeth and went to put something back on the bathroom shelf when the index finger of my right hand slightly brushed against my make-up basket. When it did, a piece of the wicker (or whatever you call it) went under my nail all the way up to the cuticle. Go ahead and shudder... It hurts like crazy now and it's throbbing. Makes it hard to type!