Friday, September 12, 2008

Frugal Friday: Meatless Spaghetti Sauce

Yesterday I took advantage of the fact that Hetee will be out of town for two days and had a meatless meal with the kids. I was already planning on making spaghetti sauce and I usually brown some ground beef to go in it. But since Hetee wasn't here I decided to make it vegetarian. Not that he would have minded the vegetarian version, but I try to cook with meat for him because I know he enjoys it more.

All I did was prepare the sauce as usual and added zucchini, cut in medium sized squares. I cooked that down for about 15 minutes tops (I wasn't paying attention to the time) and it was ready. A LOT faster than if I had put meat in it, seeing as I would have had to thaw a chunk out, trim the gristle and hand grind it myself.


So this meal was very frugal both money and time wise. Something I really need at this stage in life!
Have a blessed weekend and check out Biblical Womanhood for more great money-saving ideas!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Zucchini sounds great in the spaghetti sauce! Yum! I do meatless meals a couple times a week. have a great Frugal Friday!