Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Last night was new year's eve. We spent the evening with another couple, leaders from our church and their little boy. Around 9 pm we went to watch the fireworks. It was cold so we didn't stay out long. There was a guy with a camel there, giving people rides for about $.50. Abi, who loves all animals, big and small, begged for a ride right away, but Nate chickened out.

A firecracker went off just as Abi was getting settled on the camel's back and the camel shot up, scaring her a bit and freaking the living daylights out of me. Hetee got her down and we decided that letting our 3 year-old ride a camel in the dark, next to a busy street filled with cars and people shooting off fireworks, was prolly not a good idea after all.

Safe again, in mommy's arms, enjoying the fireworks

Then we came home and had buuz (beef dumplings), potato salad and fish. It was a nice and quiet time of fellowship.

I didn't make any new resolutions for this year because I had so many left over from last year, hehe. Here's a quick run-down:
  1. Wake up earlier in the am and have more God/me time before everyone wakes up
  2. Cut down computer time
  3. Get to bed by 11-ish every night
  4. Serve more balanced meals at home
  5. Be more patient with my children (and grown-ups who act like children)
  6. Drink less coffee
As far as work goes, this year I'll be more involved with our Praise and Worship vocalists and choir members than ever before. I'm really making the time for that because I think it's worth my time and effort. I'll also be doing all the pro-life stuff, like teaching and counseling that I've been doing. Here's to saving more babies in 2008!

I hope all my readers (yes, all 3 of you) have a wonderfully blessed new year and are equally blessed all throughout the year of 2008!

3 comments:

Twila G. said...

Your New Years Eve sounds adventurous. In the right setting a camel ride sounds pretty cool. We brought in the New Year with my family and some friends in Oklahoma City. Your family and your ministries will continue to be in my prayers this year.

Andrea @ BlogDichFrei said...

Hey Mel, did you count me as one of your readers??? Hmmm???

I wish you and your family a happy New Year. May God prepare you for the challenges and surprises He has in store for you throughout the year 2008!

Blessings,
Andrea from Germany

Gombojav Tribe said...

All three of us....hehehehe

You probably have a lot more lurkers than you think!