Saturday, September 29, 2007

Testimony--God Did Not Give Us a Spirit of Fear!

As our Saturday evening service ended today, a lady came to us to ask for prayer for her family. Her mother, a member of our church, had passed away the week before and from that time on, she and the rest of her family were plagued by a spirit of fear. The woman could not explain exactly what it was they were afraid of but, as a new Christian, she knew God could help her.

Her husband, a Buddhist, had been to the lamas to try and make sense of the situation. They told him on 2 separate occasions that someone else was destined to die in their apartment. This left the family with even more fear and desperation.

Hetee and I decided we need to go over there and pray "on location". We got a few of our leaders and as we were heading out the door, her husband called her on her cell phone. He was drunk and crying, telling her to hurry up and come home because he was scared to death to be there alone.

We walked up the 4 flights of stairs, not knowing what to expect. We were greeted by a very warm and nicely decorated home but I could feel in my spirit that I wasn't welcomed there.

First, we sang the chorus of "Awesome God" a few times, then we began to pray in tongues. The husband called out angrily from the other room where he was slumped over on his knees in front of his pictures of Buddha and his now deceased mother-in-law. Hetee and the men who were with us went in to greet him and he stood right up and grabbed Hetee by the collar! Three of our guys held him down but he was trying hard to punch Hetee in the face. I directed the wife to stay in the hall with the 4-month-old baby. My heart was pounding! I never liked dealing with drunks and, as a rule, I avoid them as much as possible.

This guy was really getting out of control! He picked up the framed picture of his mother-in-law and smashed it onto his forehead then he lunged after Hetee again. Then, suddenly, he let go of Hetee, turned to the Buddha picture and picked it up and threw it to the wall. I didn't see him let go of Hetee so, when I heard the glass I thought it was Hetee going through a window or something.

When I turned and saw Hetee still standing, I was relieved, to say the least. The drunk guy calmed right down, I mean, he went from drunk to sober, just like that! He looked at Hetee square in the eyes and said, "Thank you for coming. I'm not afraid anymore!" He then told us that while we were praying in the other room, he "saw" his mother-in-law and she told him not to be afraid. I don't know about that, but all of us were starting to feel a lot more peaceful. It was really crazy because he didn't know that we had come to pray. In fact, when we got there he was too drunk to even hold his head up. But, somehow he knew that we represent the peace her felt in his heart.

Hetee explained that they should not allow anything pertaining to false religions in their home because Satan was using those things as a foothold. We prayed for the wife and 2 kids and gave them some scriptures to read then said our goodbyes. The wife looked totally relieved and said that she felt so much peace.

Praise the Lord!

On the way home I asked Hetee if he was scared and he said, "No, because I know Satan can't touch me."

This morning we started 2 encounter retreats, one men's and one women's (about 100 people in all), and I could definitely feel the spiritual tension going on all around all day long. We really kicked butt today and are well aware that we'll see reciprocation as the enemy tries to gain back the ground lost today. We are pressing on with much prayer and ask that you keep our family and church members in your prayers as well.

Thank you again for partnering with us through faithful prayers and financial support. More testimonies to come!

4 comments:

~ Amanda ~ said...

awesome! praying for you.

Twila G. said...

Wow! What an awesome example of the power of prayer!! I will continue to lift you and your church family before the Lord in prayer.

Anonymous said...

We certainly will lift it up to the Lord; you are in our hearts and prayers. I will tell Diana in the morning in church about the encounter as well. “Jesus, cover Hetee, Mel and the children with Your Most Precious Blood."
Love and blessings
Katya

Anonymous said...

God is so awesome and faithful! I am praying for you and love you!
Psalm 91:2 "I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!"
Rebecca Bouchereau